Friday, December 12, 2008

Day 9 - 9 8 8

My titles have just become injokes with myself now. They're not even very funny injokes, to make matters worse. I know, I know. I missed Day 8. My shame is incalculable. No excuses, let's press onwards.

Imagine my dismay to come back to my laptop to find the following message from a 'friend' on identi.ca: "You are failing at this blog malarkey. Sorry."
I'm not sure which I should be more insulted at. The insulting second person pronoun? The one word apology? Or the shocking use of 'malarkey' to refer to this noble pasttime? How the heck do you spell pasttime? Pastime? Past-time? Tricky.

I went to my Dad's last night, to babysit my little brother. Me and Julia watched the Matrix. Now there's a film with symbolism. It had symbolism literally coming out of its ears. I was struggling to watch the film properly, worried that I had missed some wayward sigh that was an esoteric reference to the struggle of the Cathars in Languedoc.

Darn, I was going to post about analytic number theory in this paragraph. I can't figure out how to put nicely laid out mathematics in a blog, however. This seems like a problem that must have been overcome. I've seen good mathematics blogs; I've read them! It must be some sort of Mathematical Mafia, trying to lock me out. Harsh.

Cat urine removal continues. Vinegar is a powerful tool, but not powerful enough, it seems. Perhaps if I persuade a bigger cat to urinate on it, it will cancel it out. I should have listened in GCSE Biology. I'm sure this came up at some point.

No comments: