Thursday, December 25, 2008

Day 22 - Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone! If you're reading this, I wish you happiness, health, and the fulfillment of all your dreams (well, the good ones at least).
This may be the chocolate pudding talking, but I am filled with a great joy and love. For whatever reasons you celebrate Christmas, the real reason that it is so successful is that everyone loves an excuse for a holiday. To be happy, cheerful, and festive. To give and receive gifts, see family and friends, sing bad songs terribly, eat and drink far too much, watch rubbish TV, and generally do all those things we want to do but feel we shouldn't.

Of course, this is also why Christmas only comes once a year. It's like an annual blink; without it, the eyeball of our lives would dry up and crackle, but if carried on for too long, we'd be blind and society would crumble.

Enough of this, I think. I was woken up by my little brother at half past seven this morning; then the present opening began. Breakfast, more presents, drove back to my mother's, more presents, lunch, games, TV, and now bedtime.

People I have seen today (in chronological order):
Little brother
Me
Stepmother
Father
Two sisters
Stepmother's mother
Stepmother's brother
Grandmother
Grandfather
Mother
Stepfather
Girlfriend
Girlfriend's mother
Girlfriend's sister
Girlfriend's father
Sister's boyfriend

People I shall see tomorrow:
Three aunts
Two uncles
Six cousins
Two grandparents

Pretty crazy, no? Enough of this blogging; I have precious Christmas books to savour (Logic of Provability; Measure, Integral and Probability, GURPS Powers; QI Book of Quotations; Gentlemen of the Road).

Merry Christmas.

No comments: