Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Day 20 - Between Three Impositions

Happy 23rd everyone! It's 12:35am, and I nearly forgot again. It's been a very busy day; I cooked Christmas dinner for eight of my friends. The power cut did not faze me, having to prepare thirty dishes left me a cool as an Arctic cucumber. The shortage of crackers in town, however, nearly drove me over the edge.
The only crackers that could be found were a £24 set in Lakeland, with bells and a score included, so that the diners could merrily ring in the evening with an array of traditional yuletide tunes.

I was sorely tempted, but decided against it in the end. The crackers should never cost more than the meal. In the end, the meal went well, everyone enjoyed it, and Trivial Pursuit was played. Trivial indeed.

No comments: