Sunday, December 07, 2008

Day 4 - And then he turned on the death ray

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha. That's four (minus one) days in a row, oh you naysayers. The scale of my triumph grows like bamboo, and the giant panda of disappointment is nowhere in sight.

In the hoped for side effect, the more I am blogging, the easier it becomes each time. Hopefully, by day 31, it will become an ingrained habit that I can't kick. I'll start blogging every day, every hour, and eventually every minute. My life will grind to a standstill as I blog about blogging. My fingers will start to bleed, my feet will turn to rock, and my eyes will become square. Oh, the grandmothers' adage is oh so true.

Today, I had two roast dinners. The first was beef, at my father's home, and the second chicken, at my mother's. In the interest of parental harmony, I won't compare the quality of the meals here; I loved them both. After the lunchtime dinner, I watched Wall-E with my family and Julia.

I was slightly distracted by my younger brother clambering over me. He made fart noises on my elbow, and then proudly announced that I had a "bottom on my arm." Unexpectedly, he didn't descend into his usual fit of giggles after this use of the word bottom. He clearly appreciated the severe medical consequences of having your rectum entwined with your biceps.

He should be a doctor. Sadly, however, his dreams of lumberjacking are still strong. When we left, he was helping my stepmother/his mother assemble an artificial tree, that will "never come down". May Christmas last forever.

Reading today: An Introduction to Hilbert Spaces. I only managed the first two pages, whilst on the toilet. I must try to concentrate on more than a couple of pages of these books.

Trivia for today: Charles Darwin was on the Galapagos islands for five weeks.

No comments: