Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Day 7 - Another Close Shave

11:58pm! I made it! Also note that I'm counting these times from the start of the writing, rather than the end. Just returned home from Julia's house, where we were watching Ratatouille - an excellent film, especially due to one particular scene. Fantastic.

I was also present for the decoration of Julia's christmas tree. Being generally incompetent at tasks involving small delicate objects, I gave myself a battlefield promotion to official Documentor, with responsibility for photography and a minute by minute log. Hopefully Julia will blog that soon, to save me the trouble.

She has also suffered a feline urinary catastrophe (pun not intended, though subsequently noticed and left unchanged). I need to find a way to remove the lingering smell of cat pee from a small box. Any ideas, Internet Readers? Open book, now.

My reading on Problems in Analytic Number Theory continues. I really need to become good at maths. I mean...I'm good at what I do, but I don't really understand it properly. It feels like everything I'm doing is trivial manipulation - sometimes very difficult or impossible trivial manipulation, but still. I need insight, I need understanding. A fresh view of things. Playing with pebbles on the beach, when I want to be windsurfing.

Such things will be resolved, after sleep.

No comments: