Saturday, December 13, 2008

Day 10 - Double Trouble

Here's more of this Blogging Malarkey. Me and Julia just finished watching The Truman Show - a film that I love, especially Jim Carey's performance. Julia was less impressed; she gets too emotionally involved with her films.

The film was on my laptop, so we couldn't watch it on the TV. I bravely offered to rig up the showing with the large external monitor, for Greater Viewing Enjoyment. This proved to be a major technical undertaking. The desk had to be moved, speakers unplugged, laptop moved, monitor found, and everything set up in a different location. Then I fiddled around with my laptop, while the external monitor flashed ever more worrying shades of green. Nothing should be that green, especially nothing electronic.

Fortunately, it was all fixed, and Our Viewing Enjoyment was Enhanced. Another catastrophe this evening; we'd gone out to a local restaurant, but after the meal, I discovered that my wallet was missing my bank card. I screamed, I shouted, I tore out the hair of both myself and nearby diners, but to no avail. My card had been forgotten back at my house, which was not in the same location as the restaurant.

So, I walked back through whistling blizzards and humming hurricanes, found my card (which was looking annoying smug) and drove back to the restaurant. Julia had been sipping a gin and tonic and laughing with the bartender, no doubt. I paid, and we drove home. Another hilarious episode in the Tom Show.

No comments: