Saturday, December 06, 2008

Day 3 - A Non Orientable Post

I did it! Only 16 minutes to go before the day ends, but I remembered. The seal has been cast, the die has been broken. Let the good times roll.

I'm back in Peterborough now, much to the chagrin of the nomadic tribe of bird-men that had taken up residence in my room in my absence. I explained to them (politely, of course) that my day to day life and the international smuggling of Grade A corn just wouldn't be compatible. I must have ruffled some feathers, however, and they left, threatening "We'll be beak!"

They were South African, of course.

Tonight, I went to see Julia's sister in her school's production of Fame! (the exclamation mark is obligatory). A sterling performance, and she soloed in easily the best song of the night. Very talented.
Amusement was also afforded by a few technical glitches and rogue hats, but mar they could not such a night. Awkward sentence structure there, but a true artist must never revise his work.

Reading for this evening was "Problems in Analytic Number Theory" by M. Ram Mury. I should try and actually work through them this vacation, instead of just reading the solutions at the back. It's a soul/knowledge building exercise.

And your parting trivia:

Marian Anderson was the first black soloist to sing at the Metropolitan Opera House, New York City, in 1955.

Learn it, use it, love it, live it.

No comments: