Sunday, January 04, 2009

Day 33 - Granted, it never flies

Surf's up!

That was a subtle allusion to the fact that Julia and I (bodacious grammar there) just watched the film "Surf's Up", quite honestly one of the finest films I have seen in a long time. I loved the style it was filmed in, all of the characters, the writing, the jokes, the music, and the spectacular animation. Better than the Godfather.

As if that was not enough, there were even more activities in my day today. This afternoon, I began the laborious task of transferring our old home videos onto DVD. Thinking about it now, I'm not entirely sure why this should be done, but it is definitely a Good Thing. You know, one of Those Things Which Should Be Done (Julia is an expert on those sort of things, and reminds me of this often).

Unfortunately, I have no Universal Machine which can do this easily, efficiently, at the push of a button. Instead, I have to go to Julia's house (a trial in itself), play the video, while simultaneously recording it with the DVD HDD Recorder. This modern technology boggles me.

No comments: