Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Day 91 - Pig Slayin' Joe

Illness has struck me down. Not real illness, but there are enough vague hints of an illness for me to claim sympathy, relaxation time, and all the benefits of a serious illness without the icky side effects.

How much work should we be doing at university? How much is too much, how much is too little? The obvious answer is "enough", but this raises yet further questions. Enough for what? To pass your exams, or to ace them? To balance your social and work life, or to succeed academically no matter the cost? How much work should I putting in to resolving this question?

At least the last question is easy to answer - a lot. To this end, I will establish the Bloom Foundation of Study Studies, be the President, Secretary, Treasurer and Intern, and devote all of my time and resources to a final answer to this fundamental problem. The people need to know, and know they shall.

No comments: