Monday, March 23, 2009

Day 111 - Repunits Unit(e)

A blog, as promised. Still bedtime though. My blog seems to often be meta-blogical. Now that I'm pointing this out, am I being meta-meta-blogical? And now meta-meta-meta-blogical? Are the number of prefixes only limited by my mental stamina? Let's just say I'm being meta-meta-meta-meta-meta-meta-blogical and leave it there, otherwise it just gets silly.

On Saturday, I looked after my little brother for the day, with the help of Julia. It started off by me playing Wall-E on the Wii (terrible game design, rushed out for the film), with Freddie's helpful suggestions, such as "You shouldn't have fallen off there," and some actually helpful ones, like "Don't fall off there." Then I got him dressed, and we watched the first half of Kung Fu Panda whilst eating banana sandwiches.

We had earlier mentioned driving to Central Park, but Freddie did not seem keen. Halfway through a dramatic scene, he paused the DVD, and announced that he was ready to leave. Not one to argue with the fickle interests of youth, I dramatically hurled my sandwich onto the table and we left.

Me, Julia and Freddie picked up Julia's dog, Scamp (hope you're keeping notes), on the way, and walked around the park. Several races took place, in which Freddie appeared to be the funder, rules arbiter, judge, crowd, and inevitable winner. This was helped by the fact that the finish post seemed to change mid-race, and sometimes even after the race had apparently ended. Sports today, can't keep up with them.

We had ice cream, then played a 'shooty game' at Julia's house, which Freddie much enjoyed. Needless to say, his first attempt was much better than mine. Well, they do say your hand eye co-ordination peaks at age 5. Can't argue with science.

Back home, watched the rest of Kung Fu Panda, acted out a bit in the kitchen, and Julia and Freddie attempted to make some sort of nuclear reactor (with working uranium!) out of cardboard, but this sadly proved far too difficult, so the energy crisis is still unresolved. Made spaghetti ate, Freddie went to bed. A good day.

It's my Dad's birthday today! Happy birthday Dad!

Revision continues. I shall start to blog about what I learn, so the two PAINFUL CHAINS THAT BIND MY LIFE can feed off each other in some kind of vicious symbiosis. Topics I am revising:

Logic
Set Theory
Topology and Groups
Group Theory
Galois Theory
Algebraic Number Theory
Knowledge and Reality
Frege and Russell
Philosophy of Mathematics

No comments: