Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day 103 - Triumphant Epistles

Only ten more days to go until Day 113. We all know what that means, don't we?

I've been slaving away for minutes getting my writing desk ready for tomorrow morning. That is when I shall start my revision, after many weeks of exhausting procrastination. The desk itself is an interesting one - an old piece of furniture, about five feet tall, with three drawers and a desk bit disguised (cunningly) as a drawer on the top.

It's made of some lovely...wood, probably oak. These things usually seem to be, I recall. This desk also has history. Apparently, during the Second World War, my great-grandfather's belongings were put into safe storage to escape the Blitz. Everything was stolen, except for this desk - I suspect it was too inconvenient to slip into one's pockets.

Well, the top of the desk is slightly too high for regular chairs, so the idea of actually using it as a desk (rather than, say, a repository of junk) never actually occurred to me. Necessity is the mother of efficiency, however, and I needed a desk area as my revision cubby hole. I call it: the RevisoHole! I may work on the name a little more.

While pondering the height question this morning, Julia pointed out that the chair I was sitting in had a variable height, solving my years old dilemma in one deft pull of a lever. These are sorts of things she excels at. The path towards RevisoHole (still thinking) was now clear! I just cleared the top from its various junk. Tomorrow morning I'll give the whole thing a good polish, then sit at it, and try to work how you're actually meant to revise.

What does 'revise' actually involve?

No comments: