Monday, February 09, 2009

Day 69 - Captured Forever Between Sheets of Slight

My jaw is much better today, but I think I'll still go and see the nurse tomorrow morning.

Today has been a wet and miserable day - looking back, half of it seems to have been spent trudging through pouring rain in the dark, trying to avoid falling and breaking my neck on the glaciers that have replaced the pavements, and cursing the shoddy workmanship of my shoes.

Swings and roundabouts, apples and pears. I also watched two episodes of Hustle, and attended two very interesting talks by maths PhD students (one on algebraic geometry, and one on mathematical physics). It occurred to me that perhaps I have been too harsh in my judgment of physicists - they have to learn all the same maths, but the physics as well! It's doubly hard! I doff my metaphysical cap to them, and all the great work they do.

No comments: