Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Upward facing dog.

Well howdy doody.

I have just had a delicious spaghetti bolognaise sauce, made my Mark. He's my semi/quasi/stepdad. Well, stepdad. But first things first.

Yesterday, today, and tomorrow (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for those of you too tired or drunk to figure out the current day) have been/will be my Induction days at Kings. This involves a mixture of a variety of talks on different aspects of the school, 'taster sessions' of my options - an outline of the syllabus and example material - and tomorrow, a BBQ! Will probably be disappointing, as most such things are, but hopefully the food will be good.
However, the major positive aspect of this is that it is my first taster of school life with my friends (including Julia). I could explain the friends thing (and I do have friends at my old school, several of whom are also going to Kings) but it is complicated and I don't even know who you are. You could my mother, nosing through the history. Hello Mum! Thanks for the Vitamin B!

But I digress.

I will now get to see Julia (and my friends) every day! This is a very positive (and slightly strange, but in a good way) thing. Also, she lives just round the corner from the school, so I can go back to hers after a school for a nice hot cup of tea (and if you think that's just an innuendo, you don't know either of us).

However, Kings is also a very good school in its own respects. The quality of the teaching seems much better, and the teachers much friendlier - though coming into it as a Sixth Former, where you are treated with more respect and intelligence than a Year 7, may help.
The pupils in general are also much friendlier. At Jack Hunt, there were quite a few nice (terrible word, must cut down) people. However, there were just as many complete and utter...um...nasty people. There seem to be very few at Kings, meaning I can act my confident and friendly self, as opposed to the shy and intimidated self (who is coming out less and less these days.
Anyway, so my peers are more...congenial.
The buildings are very different. I suppose it's about the same size, in terms of floor space, as Jack Hunt, but is a very different layout - two stories, for one thing. The buildings are much older and far more archaic - twists, turns, and knobbly bits all over the place. I am finding my way about surprisingly easily though. Like chewing a brick.

Also, in two days it is the end of Year 11 prom (for Jack Hunt). It should be quite good.

However, far more importantly, and to which I am looking forward to far more, is the youth hostelling trip, which I believe I have already mentioned. Julia is coming over on Thursday to help me pack - in my new hiking bag! I went with my Dad after school today to buy it - 65 litres. A tad bigger than I'd have liked, but the next size down was too small. Ho hum.

Dooby dooby doo....aah yes. I had Kung Fu this evening, which was exhausting, to say the least. The most intensive workout so far - I had to stop near the end and sit down in the fresh air because I did feel like I was about the throw up. Great stuff though - and I learnt an elbow strike, how to spar, and how to push someone to the floor easily. School tomorrow should be fun....

Anyway. I've been typing too long, my spine's hurting (I'm sitting cross-legged on the floor in my bedroom on the laptop) and I need an early night, to catch up.

So I bid you all a very fond farewell. Unless you're one of my enemies. You guys suck.

No comments: