Thursday, June 17, 2004

Friars?

Oh, and as I forgot to mention in my previous post, I live in Peterborough, which is somewhere in the middleish-eastish of England. I have also just left Year 11 - the last compulsory year of education! Huzzah! I am, perhaps foolishly, carrying on though - at a different school, however.
It's a sweltering hot June, and we all know what that means! Exam time! I'm nearing the end of my GCSEs (General Certificate of Secondary Educations). Some have been tough - notably French and Business Studies - and some have been a piece of qualified pie - such as Maths and (I hope) English.
Today was my first Business Studies exam in the morning, and my second and last Maths in the afternoon. Business Studies was more difficult than I had anticipated - I doubt I'll see an A* there now. And apparently the toughest of the two exams is still to come.
Afterwards, I strolled up to the Fish and Chip shop with Mr Bullimore, to purchase some mid-exam sustenance. Finding it closed, we pulled ourselves together and went back to his house, where we discussed our film project some more, before walking back to the school, stopping off at the (now open) Chip shop and buying a chip butty. We discovered the fiendishly sharp edges of fried chips, adding more weight to my theory of a Universal Crime Syndiate of Friers (Not the fat guys in robes...those are Friars).
After resting in the Library and mocking Key Stage 3 practise papers, we went to the Sports Hall to factorise, functionise and...um...fart.
Maths was, as expected, as easy as a very easy thing on an especially relaxed day. I completed it too soon though, leaving me with about an hour of sitting around...during which I memorised Pi to 11 digits (3.14159265359) and generally pondered.
I am now home, listening to the chatter of the birds and some random song WinAmp has skipped onto. It's tripe though, so let me just skip on...ahah! The discordant symphonics of Eminem. He seems to have a stutter. Poor man.
And on that note, I'm leaving.

2 comments:

Lewis said...

My second comment in as many minutes. Thrills. Don't diss (yo, I is cool me homie) Emimine. Inemin. Eminen. That rapper I hate. He's actuallt quite talented, as I tried writing a rap once. It was bad. His songs scan, but as you say, it is a shame about the stutter.

Chard said...

Hey, I wrote a rap on my blog. And I at least published it KNOWING it was a pile of tripe :D