Friday, June 18, 2004

Asparagus, lemon drops and dandelions

Credit for the random title goes to Julia.

Another day, another tuxedo measured. I went into town with Mark (my stepdad) earlier, to order it and get the measurements done. It's for my school prom, end of year 11 type thing. Since only Jack Hunt people are allowed to go, I am going alone...but I do, despite what some may believe, have friends at Jack Hunt, so a good time should still be had.
It is on the 1st of July. I will, however, need to get an early night, as I believe we are catching the train at some ungodly hour of the morning of the second, to somewhere in the Lake District.
I, with 7 of my friends, am going 'youth hostelling' for a week in the Lake District - just us, no parents or the like. It should be a lot of fun (and walking). I need money for food though...ah well, I'll eat Nick.
I'm not really sure what a youth hostel is like, having never been. I want to take a baseball bat, just in case, but I doubt I'll be allowed.
But I digress.
When I have finished this post, I am going to have a bath (Probably bathtime reading - A Field Guide to Demons and Devils) and after a spot of lunch, I am setting off for my beloathed school for my RE exam - two hours of CofE fun!
And after that, a quick jab at the doctor's, some supper, and then settling down on church pews for an hour and a half of Olivier Messiaen's Quartet for the End of Time - my mother is the secretary of Petrus (an organisation that sets up classical concerts in Peterborough), and I quite like classical music, so I'm going. It is apparently quite heavy going...but good company can make all things a pleasure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you and 6 of your friends, fool :P

thanks :)

Lewis said...

Youth Hostels are nice, no more. They offer clean beds and cooking facilities, and in most heat and light. Thrills, eh?

Chard said...

The one in France was classy! Credit cards to open the doors, power the lights etc.

'member that 'troby? :D