Friday, April 10, 2009

Day 129 - Towers and Blocks and Towers

A lot of rumours get bandied around about the time I wrestled a bear. Tempers get heated, minds get bored, and tongues begin to wag. Some of the more outrageous lies that I've heard about the night shock even me, Tom "the Unshockable" (my WWF alias). Let me just set the record straight, mohitos:

1) I was not drunk. Neither was the bear.
2) It was not started out of malice or a desire for random violence. It was an honest, honourable duel between two men of different species.
3) No weapons were involved.
4) While knuckling my forehead, the bear did not start expounding the work of the 19th century German philosophy and mathematician Gottlob Frege. He chose instead for a cheeky series of limericks, parodying the psychologistic approach of Husserl.
5) At no point were bodily gases used as a flotation aid.
6) I was technically dead for seven hours.
7) It was a draw, as all parties agreed.
8) The bear is currently alive and well, and running a small crepe stall in Berlin. We exchange letters on a regular basis, and now count each other as friends.

No comments: