Friday, March 23, 2007

Battle in the Underhive

I have a confession to make. Some of you, who don't know me, and are merely attracted to this blog by the sparkling wit and insight, would be shocked to learn that I have nerdish tendencies.
To prevent against things like this becoming a surprise in the future, I have put a picture of some books which speak volumes (see! see how it sparkles!) about things I like. Amongst them are Warhammer and GURPS. If you know what GURPS stands for, you're too far gone already.
I did have a point to this, anyway. Today, Nick came over, and we continued our epic campaign (begun on Wednesday) of Necromunda! We played three games, and I took a couple of pictures in the last game to show you all:


The ruined structures of the Underhive under construction before our battle. Amazing what can be done with plastic and cardboard.

Unfortunately, this is not terrain. This is Nick, looking insanely happy. I would like to point out that, contrary to his suspicions at the time, the focus is not on his crotch.

The ruins are complete! We decided it was the structure suspended over my gang's Chem pit, which his sneaky Ash Nomads were ambushing to loot.

Some of the models in position, ready to spring the ambush. Being lazy and poor, we have no actual Necromunda models, so have to make do with an assorted mishmash of others, and our imagination.

It was a tough battle, where only my heavy with his Heavy Bolter did any real damage, taking his leader and a nomad out of action in a deadly hail of exploding lead. The rest of my gang were pinned down by the judicious application of frag grenades on his part. Both sides emerged more or less intact, however, and my gang's territory was defended.

2 comments:

Monday's Child said...

GURPS.. isn't that a wonderful sounding word.. if it even is a word... I suspect it is some sort of acronym but don't really want to know... I have a vision of a dwarf like creature but much rounder and ruder...

Anonymous said...

This is what iam living for, redeemers and scavvies of the underhive!!

Nice shots from your necromunda session, its a pleasure for me to show you this links: www.underhive-planet.com online mag fan project. i like it and yeah its blogged with other necromundans site.have fun :)