Friday, September 10, 2004

Missing teachers, Skittles in the canteen, and a lot of naked women...

OK, maybe not the women part. But try telling Andrew that!

There is a point to this post, aside from the shameless nudity - I have started the new school year at Kings School! (I am unsure on whether there should be an apostrophe there...I have seen both usages in equal amounts around the school, and the latin - schola regia - I just cannot figure out at all. schola regum, perhaps....

Wednesday:

My Dad dropped me off at school in the morning, as a special first day sort of thing - Kings was his old school, so he is practically hopping around with excitement now that I'm going there (at last). I found out my form room is actually on a different continent to the rest of the school, apparently as part of some fiendish plot to strengthen our calve muscles or something equally bizarre. I need to invest in one of those nippy little scooters. Most of the day was just sitting around in the form room doing not much, some of which I spent talking to Hannah, a girl who actually went to my old school, but I have no recollection of her. Doesn't really surprise me, though.

We also went to the Cathedral for a service, to dedicate the year, etc - it being a Christian school, and all. I'm not a Christian, but that doesn't exactly make me stand out...heck, half the boys there think they're God anyway, as Alex pointed out today. Except Nick - he actually is God. A long walk to the Cathedral, some bad singing (the first thing Hannah said to me when we stood up was 'You're a really bad singer') and then a long walk back to the school.

Uh...some other stuff....memory block...uh...cover it up with a funny joke!

What's funnier than a fish?

A dead fish!

Then we had a talk in the Hall about Wednesday afternoon activities - we're actually expected to use our time constructively! Crazy foreign ideas.

Um...went to Julia's....drank tea...home...food....sleep....blah blah, etc.

Thursday:

The first day of lessons at Kings! Excited? I wasn't. Well, maybe a bit.

I was picked up by Nick and his family in the morning, talked to Bob about murder in the Inland Revenue before beginning the trek to my form room. I lost two sherpas and a yak, but made it there just in time.
My memory is hazy, but I had Maths, Economics and Religious Studies.
Maths was quite dull, but Economics was quite good - I sat next to Julia, and in front of Jack and Stuart. We made paper fish, the point of which was - for my absent minded, but better, half - to understand how developing economies need to work together in order to develop, and the principles of mass production, imports and exports, economic survival...all neatly summed up in a paper fish and poncho.

Uh...memory gap...another joke!

What do you call a man with no arms or legs?

Whatever you want to!

I'm sorry, was that bad taste? I can never tell.

Uh...school...stuff...anyway!

Went back to Julia's...slept...

Friday:

Arrived at school bright and early, though with a slightly damp shirt.
More lessons, no frees. First History lesson in the afternoon - very dull, though I have learnt a surprising amount.
My bag is so heavy it has formed its own gravitational field. Ooh...nerdy joke there. Want another?

What do mathematicians do before they go to bed?

Put on their pi-jamas!

Anyway. School has been good, with my friends, made some new friends, could write more but I am bored, so I will sign off.

Bye!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

absent-minded but better?

... that's the best compliment you've ever given me :D