Saturday, September 04, 2004

An daring daylight robbery of Fort Knox on Elephant back?

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

So...here we are again. How cosy. Just me, an empty mug, and this empty white screen glaring back at me, slaughtering my innocent rods and cones in their millions. Just listen to the screams. Hear them?

To try and stem the massacre, I will - because I'm such a noble guy - fill this screen with black writing, to shield the deadly white glare! Huzzah!

Well, I can see spots, better get started...

The extremely long Summer holidays are nearly over - just 4 more days off (including this one) before starting at my new school in Sixth Form - oh how different things will be. In a good way, hopefully.

I have begun my sporadic learning of Latin once again...I must try to stick with it this time. I would also like to try and learn Arabic. Thinking about it, I may try to find a good book (like my Latin self-teaching books, which are excellent). Books are so much easier to get along with than people. Julia's mother has kindly lent me one of her beginner's Kanji Dictionary (Japanese). Very interesting so far.

It is Sarah's 17th (!) birthday party on Monday night. We will be camping out at Sacrewell Farm, a place with many fond memories for myself (and hopefully for at least one other person...)

I have also offered to try and tackle an essay on Islam - the homework of a Sixth Former I (barely) know. Merely to try my hand before starting the course, I don't expect it to be anything like what the teachers are looking for.

Uh....other things...um....my main occupation as of late as been...well, Julia. And I'm sure she would not wish me to disclose such details to the ravenous internet audience. Sorry, fans.

However, while in her illustrious company, I did this personality test, and apparently I am an Idealist:

  • Make sense of the world using inner values
  • Focus on personal growth and the growth of others
  • Think of themselves as bright, forgiving and curious
  • May sometimes appear stubborn

Idealists put time and energy into developing personal values that they use as a guide through life. They may seek fulfilment by helping others improve themselves and often want to make the world a better place. Idealists only share their inner values with people they respect.

Idealists enjoy discussions about a wide range of topics, particularly those that deal with the future. They are typically easy-going and flexible, but if their values are challenged they may refuse to compromise.

In situations where they can’t use their talents or are unappreciated, Idealists may have trouble expressing themselves and withdraw. Under extreme stress, Idealists may become very critical of others, or lose confidence in their own ability to cope.

Recognition for their work is important to Idealists; however, they are also good at spotting false praise.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

there's a good lad :)

Dauve said...

Learning latin, arabic, japanese? Wouldn't it be so much easier if we all spoke Esperanto? But that's a rant for another day :)

Anyway, all sounds very impressive.

Lewis said...

Huzzah! A fellow Latin-learner! Good phrase:
Quanti canicula illa in fenestra? - How much is that doggy in the window? (The next bit, if you care, is 'mihi placet caudis vagans, quanti canicula illa in fenestra?, ego spero illum cani vendi potest.)