Saturday, June 09, 2007

Forteanute times

Today we do indeed live in forteanute times, with so many strange and wonderful things going on around us. Like this story here. Medication gone wrong, or a Vulcan in disguise? You decide.

Many things have been going on in my life, of course, being the socialite daredevil that I am. Today, for example, me and Julia went on a trip to Oxford's Botanical Gardens, which were lovely. I have many photos, but uploading them all onto here would take too long. Email me if you would like to see some.

After that we went to the Queen's Lane Coffee House for some lunch. I had a club sandwich, and Julia had some lasagne. Feeling very mellow and relaxed in the warm weather, I ambled up to the counter to pay, ambling like only a man who has just eaten a club sandwich can.
The waitress was clearly overwhelmed by my ambling skills, so gaped open-mouthed at for a few seconds before getting the bill. My harmony was soon to be shattered, as I discovered that they did not accept cards. I was in half a mind to escape that barbaric place on the nearest gyrocopter, but soon remembered that I was not in Victorian Britain any more. Cursing my misfortune, I had to walk ten miles to a cash machine. Julia had a nap.
Eventually I returned, and paid. We returned home, and I am now writing this blog.

Just another day in the life of me.

No comments: